LOW TEMPERATURE CURE EPOXY PREPREG
- Versatile, high-strength prepreg system
- Curable at temperatures as low as 80C (176F)
- Can be processed with vacuum-only processing
- Excellent tack
- Low Viscosity
- Ideal for use with heavy fibre weights
- Germanischer Lloyd Certified Lloyds Register
- Certified SE 84LV is an exceptionally versatile hot-melt, epoxy prepreg.
It can be cured at temperature as low as 80C (176F), or can be used for faster moulding of components at 120C (248F). This is achieved with an extremely good outlife of up to 8 weeks at 18-22C (64-72F). It is a toughened system, and offers excellent mechanical properties on a wide variety of reinforcing fabrics and fibres. SE 84LV is commonly used in vacuum bagging, press-moulding, autoclave and other pressure moulding processes. SE 84LV is a very low viscosity system used with heavy fibre weights where low-flow processing conditions (vacuum bag pressure and minimum cure temperature), are likely to be used. With its high compressive strength it is widely used in large heavily loaded components, such as yacht hulls, and spars. It has been selected for use by various Americas Cup syndicates and boats racing in the Volvo Ocean Race. SE 84LV is widely used in sandwich structures with honeycomb, foam and balsa cores, primarily with the toughened SA 80 Adhesive Film.